Thursday, June 16, 2005

Birthweek, DMV, Pat O'Brian, and 4:45am wake up calls

I just had a birthday. I'm not the kind of girl who gets depressed over the idea of growing older. I think it's because my parents are still very fun and social, so I don't see age as much more than a number. And I LOVE to throw a party, so what better reason to get all my friends together?

Tomorrow night is the party portion of the week, so I'm getting psyched. First I have to survive tomorrow morning and my 4:45am wakeup call. I'm taking Jaime to the airport and sending her off on Warped Tour. How awesome is her summer gonna be?? Not that mine's too shabby - I get to spend it throwing parties in my favorite city in the whole wide world! And the wake-up call is nothing after the week I've had. On top of the fact that my license expired on my b'day, the DMV screwed up my information and wouldn't let me renew it (they said it had already been done!). I had to spend three times as long as I should have at the DMV to get it taken care of - I've never wanted to take the written exam so badly in my life! I wished they would just take my money and let me get it over with! The DMV in this state (and probably several others) certainly has a record of being crappy in my experience.

Since I didn't have a valid license, I enjoyed a bus ride to Hollywood. It wasn't far (I live in Los Feliz), but damn was it unpleasant. On my little walk to Sunset to the bus stop, however, I did see Pat O'Brian enjoying lunch with a woman. It was my second sighting of him in the recent past - the first being at the Key Club for a Run Run Run/American Eyes show. Anthony Kiedis was there, too. But I digress (as if I've made a point this whole entry). And it's past my bed time...