Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tired of Being Sexy

Or as they say it in Brazil: Cansei de Ser Sexy. Hot. But they obviously can't be that tired of it if they're singing songs like Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above (mp3). Another notable track (not to mention, cleared for download) is This Month, Day 10 (mp3).

I'm watching the funniest show - Gilmore Girls. I think it's a rerun. Sebastian Bach is in a band comprised almost entirely of college-aged kids. In this particular episode the lead singer adds a guy name Joel to the band to play tambourine (without consulting his bandmates) and then pulls a complete prima donna act prompting his guitarist (Bach) to tackle him, resulting in an all-out on-stage brawl. Did I mention there were label execs in the audience, and Joel's only memorable line was, "Dig!" If I have to admit that a major label/studio/corporation "gets it," it would have to be Warner Bros. Okay 2 - Virgin, too. Just cuz Richard Branson is my hero.