Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Countdown to Coachella - 4 days to go!

I just got my tickets at work today and was thrilled to receive VIP wristbands, too! I wasn't expecting those - and honestly, I probably won't get much use out of them, as I'll be running from one photo pit to another for the duration of the festival. They also clash with one another. But who cares, right? They're VIP. They're rad!

Fortunately the acts I have to see and the ones I want to see are pretty much the same. Who am I most excited to shake my bootie to? I'm so glad you asked! On Saturday I'll be looking forward to TV on the Radio, Eagles of Death Metal, Common, Living Things, and Nine Black Alps. On Sunday I'm expecting the highlights to be Madonna, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Gnarls Barkley, and Art Brut. Many others will be great, too, but what am I supposed to do? Name the entire roster in the name of diplomacy? Those are my faves, plain and simple.

If you're going, I just saw the list of artists doing signings in the Virgin Megastore tent. It's a cool way to get close to some of your current obsessions if you're that kind of fan. Get Jessie the Devil to sign your sunburn! He'll be there Saturday at 3pm. For the complete schedule check you Myspace bulletin board - it's being posted from the Coachella profile.