Thursday, March 23, 2006

David Bowie goes Broadway

Not a bad idea in general, but I just heard that he's scoring a musical about Bruce Lee. Hmmm... the jury's out on that one.

As you might know, my "regular gig" is at a magazine. That's right - I'm living the glamorous life. Doesn't it totally figure that as soon as we get back from SXSW we're on deadline for the next issue? Add to that the fact that I'm fighting a cold and I'm hoping you'll excuse me for the poor SXSW updating. :)

My boys The Prix played at Silverlake Lounge the night before last with Say Hi to You Mom, and I had the pleasure of speaking to SHTYM's drummer after the show. They played at SXSW with Goblin Cock! I should have caught that showcase. Curses! I think I might steal that CD from the office. Or maybe just borrow it...

I also got to introduce myself to Mark from Music For Robots. Hopefully you're familiar - if not, it's a totally rad mp3 blog. I'm linking to it, so check it out there to the right.

Say Hi to Your Mom, The Forest Scares the Hell Out of Me

Goblin Cock, Stumped