Saturday, January 20, 2007

Truth in Music

I recently came across a story in the Washington Post blog entitled: Exposing Fake Bands: The Truth in Music Bill. I was so excited! Were they finally going to make it illegal to create bullshit, manufactured, talentless pop acts who embody nouveau riche tastelessness once they achieve overnight success? Are we finally protecting America's youth and encouraging true creativity, talent, and personal expression as a national policy?

Nope.

It was about all those stupid fake bands in Vegas billing themselves as "The Platters" or "The Coasters" or "Celine Dion" (I kid! I kid!) when there are no original members of those bands actually performing the advertised shows. Okay, I guess they need to stop that kind of false advertising, too, but wouldn't it be great if I had been right?...

Labels: