Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Andie's Warped Blog #1

Ouchie! I'm still sunburned 4 days after the fact. I covered myself in SPF 45 and still managed to cook to a crisp. The best is my Rudolph nose - can't wait til that starts to peel. Should be in time for my next Warped excursion tomorrow!

So, Long Beach. The Prix. Disappointing. The venue was a college campus, and the campus police, coupled with Long Beach PD, decided the EIY stage couldn't go up. Totally sucked. So the boys didn't get to perform. Needless to say, that took quite a bit of the wind outta their sails. We still got to go into the festival, and Steve and I took full advantage of the opportunity to flyer and hand out CDs. Who knows what will come of it, but at least we did it...

I discovered a couple of bands that I enjoy while bouncing from stage to stage! The first one was Atreyu... though something tells me that as soon as I listen to a recording of them I'm gonna rethink that opinion. Another band, which really put on a show, was Valient Thorr. They looked like they missed their decade completely! Not in a Darkness way - V.T. were much dirtier, less styled, and with more denim. Maybe along the lines of old AC/DC? There was a small crowd at their stage, and several kids standing back and kinda' laughing at them... but by the end of the set the kids had gathered round and appeared to be won over! Nice.