Thursday, July 07, 2005

sad news from London

I went to my computer this morning to check messages, post bulletins about tonight, and add a blog about my Warped day yesterday. Instead I was greeted with the news about the bombings in London. Suddenly concerts and parties seem so irrelevant.

I'm in shock over the world we live in now. I guess I have been since 2001, and days like today remind me of that. Years ago I lived overseas. My family never gave a second thought to traveling anywhere we wanted. Even as the U.S. was being threatened by Qadafi, we planned vacations between Europe and the U.S., as well as to locations in northern Africa. Today I can't say that I would turn down the opportunity to travel to most areas, but I would certainly go with a lot more awareness for my safety, not as an individual or as a female, but as an American.

Needless to say, my thoughts go out to everyone in London, and everyone around the world who has family and friends there.