Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Procrastination...

I've been so crazy trying to finish the magazine that I've completely neglected this blog. Bad Andie!

It's a busy week for all of us at Shameless (all two of us, that is). I've got the magazine to complete and a cousin visiting from the east coast. Jaime is in the middle of Warped Tour and taking the bar exam. Yikes! I definitely don't envy her.

August 1 is right around the corner, and you know what that means: Siren Magazine goes live! I'm so excited to show you all what we've pulled together in only one short month. It's beautiful, if I do say so myself. Great articles, lots of images, and really cool people. We're already thinking ahead and planning the next issue, too. It'll have even more pages and features - you're gonna see this baby grow up right before your eyes!

Sorry for the big advertisement, but it's pretty much all I've got on my brain right now. That and trying to find things to do in L.A. when you're under 21. Or 18. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be! My cousin is 15 and she doesn't like things like museums (The Getty's out...) or tourist traps (no tours of stars' homes...). What she does like is rock concerts, which we have in abundance out here. At bars and clubs. With age limits. Ugh. We're going to a couple, but then the rest of our nights are filled with movies and diners and Kinko's (don't ask). And summer reading, I hope, since she's returning to school as soon as her vacation here is done - they start insanely early in Florida.

So, back to work for the both of us. I'll try not to be so negligent. Updates on the Thursday night parties coming soon...